Show us why you are the Beermen, Patriots, Warriors or Dragons’ BIGGEST fan and stand a chance to win a trip to the AirAsia ASEAN Basketball League’s Grand Finals in June! Weekly winners will also receive exclusive ABL or team merchandise.
Here’s a step by step guide on how you can be on your way to watch your team in the Finals!
Step One: Take a picture, shoot a video, paint a picture, it’s up to you – let us know why you deserve to be called your team’s biggest fan and send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, only entries emailed over to us are valid so don’t post it on our Facebook wall
Step Two: Get your friends ready to vote for you as the weekly winners on the ABL Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/aseanbasketballleague.com/
Step Three: Keep an eye on the ABL Facebook page to see if YOU need to start packing your suitcase!
If you’re a weekly winner AND your team makes it into the finals you will be in the running for the Grand Prize, which isa trip for two to the ABL Grand Finals on either the 16th or the 23rd of June!
We’ll take care of your trip but you need to take care of your travel documents so make sure that your passports are valid for at least six months from June 2012 and that you are willing and able to travel to either the Philippines, Indonesia or Malaysia on the 16th or the 23rd of June. If you’re the winner we will need you to confirm all the details by the 5thof June however, otherwise you automatically forfeit your prize.
Important Dates to Remember
- Week 1 submissions close at noon HKT on the 27th of May 2012.
- Week 1 online poll opens from 11pm on the 27th of May and closes 11pm on the 28th of May,
- Week 1 winners will be announced on the 29th of May.
- Week 2 submissions close at noon HKT on the 3rd of June 2012
- Week 2 online poll opens from 11pm on 3rd of June 2012 and closes 11pm on the 4th of June 2012;
- Week 2 winners will be announced on the 5th of June 2012.
Grand Prize Winners
Grand prize winners will be contacted in private by the 6th of June 2012 and announcements will be made publicly within the week.
As always, terms and conditions apply. Good luck guys, may the best fan win!
Terms and Conditions
1) Contest is only open to residents of Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and Thailand from the age of 18 and above. If you are below the legal age of consent, your entry should be submitted by a parent or legal guardian and should you win the Grand Prize you will be required to travel with your parent or legal guardian.
2) Multiple contest entries are allowed but only one will be entered into the Grand Prize draw. Submissions must be emailed in to email@example.com, all other entries are considered invalid and the ABL has the right to remove them from the ABL Facebook Page.
3) The ABL will provide, for each of the two Grand Prize winners:-
- Return flight tickets from the AirAsia hub closest to the winners place of residence to the city where the game is being hosted.
- Airport transfers to the hotel which the winners will be put up in.
- Stadium transfers to the venue where the game will be hosted.
- Game tickets to attend the match.
- Insurance will not be provided for the winners of the trip.
- Any airport or departure tax will be borne solely by the winners.
4) By participating in this contest you are agreeing that:-
- You and your travel partner (x1) will be responsible for all documentation required for passage into Philippines, Indonesia or Malaysia. This includes all permits required for entry as well as passports that exceed a 6 month validity period.
- You and your travel partner are able to travel between the 14thto the 17th of June or the 21st to the 24th of June 2012 to Philippines, Indonesia or Malaysia.
- You are able to confirm the details required to make the travel arrangements by the 5thof June 2012.
- Should you be unable to meet any of the above requirements, you forfeit the grand prize and the ABL is not obligated to provide a replacement.
- Prize winners and their travelling companions must comply with the terms and limitations of airlines, other transport providers, and the venues involved in the provision of any holiday prize, including any insurance policy relating to the holiday. In particular, entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
5) Important timelines for the contest is as follows:-
- Weekly Winners
- Week 1 submission deadline: 12 noon HKT Sunday 27thMay 2012
- Week 1 voting period: 11pm HKT Sunday 27thMay to 11pm HKT Monday 28th May 2012
- Week 1 winner announcement: 12 noon HKT Tuesday 29thMay 2012
- Week 2 submission deadline: 12 noon HKT Sunday 3rdJune 2012
- Week 2 voting period: 11pm HKT Sunday 3rdJune to 11pm HKT Monday 4th June 2012
- Week 2 winner announcement: 12 noon HKT Tuesday 5thJune 2012
- Grand Prize Winners
- Two Grand Prize winners will be selected from the pool of Week 1 and Week 2 winners by representatives of the ABL
- Winners will be contacted in private and will be required to respond between 12 noon HKT Tuesday 5thJune and 12 noon HKT Wednesday 6thJune, the failure of which will result in a forfeit of the prize and the ABL is within its rights to select another winner.
6) Due to scheduling purposes, winners will be notified within 24 hours after the closing of Week 2 submissions.
7) Employees of the ASEAN Basketball League, its main sponsors, teams and their immediate family are prohibited from entering this contest.
8) The ABL has the right to choose the winners of the contest without having to provide further justification or proof.
9) The ABL has the right to change any of the terms and conditions of this contest and/or any of the details including the mechanics and/or prizes without prior notification.
10) The ABL has the final say in any discrepancy regarding contest mechanics and/or terms and conditions.