Job Description For: Team Operations Coordinator
Employer: ASEAN Basketball League, Pte. Ltd.
Department: Team & League Services
The primary responsibility of the Team Operations Coordinator is to share best practices in business development, marketing, and basketball operations amongst teams and coordinate league-wide special events and grassroots development initiatives.
Team Operations collaborates with other League Office personnel (e.g. Marketing, Business Development,Basketball Operations, etc.).
· Identify ways to help teams increase revenue and to improve business development and marketing processes including:
o Observation, analysis, and development of marketing and ticket sales plans, strategies and sales operations.
o Observation, analysis, and development of in-game promotional events & operations.
o Development, sharing and maintaining a resource library of best practices for our teams.
· Assist in procedure for new teams entering the League, including initial infrastructure planning and all aspects of organizational needs.
· Lead or assist with execution of (and participation in) League meetings and workshops, conferences calls and mass communications.
· Partner directly with Coordinator of Basketball Operations to manage league-wide special events (e.g., the ABL In-Season Tournament Cup) and all grassroots player development initiatives (e.g., ABL Junior).
· Special projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate shall possess:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· 2+ years of marketing / business development experience (sports industry preferred, but not required)
· Strong interest in and/or knowledge of the sports industry and commitment to grow the game of basketball
· Reside in or the ability to relocate to southeast Asia (specifically Jakarta, Indonesia) by November 2012
· The capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and willingness to travel
· Excellent English communication, presentation, writing, and customer service skills
· Outstanding project management skills and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
· An endlessly positive attitude, enthusiastic mindset, and self-starter mentality
· Tremendous teamwork and collaborative spirit coupled with the ability to work independently
· Strong organizational and computer abilities (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
· Full-time position, compensation package commensurate with experience
· Apply by September 28, 2012 – submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources (HR@aseanbasketballleague.com)
· Apply via email only - no calls please
· Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
About the ABL:
The ASEAN Basketball League is the first and only regional professional sports league in southeast Asia. A men’s basketball league with eight teams competing across six countries, the ABL has just completed its third season of play. Sanctioned by FIBA Asia, the league is marketed as a sports and lifestyle property incorporated in Singapore with operations based in Jakarta, Indonesia.